Friday, November 25, 2011

To Breathe on Titan

To Breathe on Titan
By Marc Eshleman

On a distant moon where the spheres doth glow and move in the alien sky,
Those stars that burn in a darkness which knows without an inkling why,
The empty spaces in between where travelers oft live or die,
Upon a distant moon where the spheres doth glow and move in that alien sky.

Yet looking upon that sky of ours,
Where our humans eyes could be lost for hours,
Sifting star upon star from that sandy, glittering beach above,
Ever wonder at the skies of those planets who you count,
As dots among that burning, sparkling amount,
of diamonds or gems trapped in the crown of our sky?

Do you wonder on those foreign landscapes, their dusty and rocky grounds,
How the hills do rise and the valleys fall beneath the crusty mounds?
To walk those valleys and explore those hills and feel the pressure of nothing,
And seek the lost amongst the gone, and wonder if it is worth looking?

Have you ever wanted to know what it would be like to breathe on the surface of Titan?


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! My Thanksgiving went well, if it was a little quiet. A delicious meal was shared with my family and then I went to bed. It was a fun time.

The novel goes well, though I haven't made much progress since the last time I talked to you guys about it. Being Thanksgiving Break I thought I would take a break and just relax for a bit. I plan to begin again on my book after break is over. Until then I thought I'd give you guys a sample of my poetry to read over and enjoy!

Have a good break everyone!

Writing for my future,
Marc Eshleman

No comments:

Post a Comment