Tuesday, November 1, 2011

And so it BEGINS!

Well! Here we are! End of day one. Last night I stayed up until midnight and then spent a hour writing the beginning of my novel. It probably wasn't the best idea, but I found myself too excited to go to sleep. I'll just have to go back later and fix that quality of writing. Oh well, so is the life of a writer.

My first few sessions of writing were sort of bumpy. It's been too long since I read anything or wrote anything, and as a result I was pretty rusty at first. My sentences were simple and a little undefined. My thoughts didn't come through very clearly. However, I found my stride when I sat down to write the rest of my daily allotment. I just sat there, plunking away, focused on my work for a solid hour. I must say it felt pretty good!

Also, just so you guys know, I wouldn't expect anything like the other updates have been. Contemplative blog posts are for when I'm not in the middle of NaNoWriMo. They'll be back at the end of November though, promise.

So, end of day one. Here is where I stand so far.

Chapter 1: Rusted Memories
Word Count: 2300

I'll probably add a little bit more to it tonight that way I don't have to do as much tomorrow to reach my daily allotment. Tomorrow will be a pretty big writing day for me though. I've only got one class, so I'm sure I'll have some pretty darn sore typing fingers by the end of it.

Writing for the Future,
Marc Eshleman

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about this! We are making strides towards the goal we have set for ourselves! I am clearly not a brilliant writer but this novel will be a lot of experience for me, especially if I continue to read the novel I've been reading so far as well. I won't be very experienced, but it will be something more than I've ever done before. This will be as great for me as completing my pythagorean triple formula, which took, I would guess, a few months of work over the course of a few years to accomplish. So now I am in "Chapter 1: Ted and Neala" depicting the adventure that led to the birth of the main character, Eio, in an island continent that war has not yet reached. Confidence is lacking in my part to push forward and continue writing this, but with your help, I can't fail!

    ReplyDelete